S’more D’oeurvres are both easy to make and fun to say. They are a great little starter to bring to any party or cute to package on their own. No campfire necessary, they pack all the flavor of a s’more into one tiny perfect bite. The base is a round of homemade graham cracker, dipped in chocolate and then topped with half a large marshmallow and sealed together with drizzled chocolate. Voila! Serve on a silver platter at your next cocktail hour!
photos by: Zac Wolf Photography
Becca Bakes Original Recipe
-1 recipe for homemade graham crackers
-10oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
-Large marshmallows, cut in half
1. Make graham cracker dough, cut into rounds with a 2″ cookie cutter
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges
3. While rounds are cooling, melt chocolate in a double boiler or a heat proof bowl placed over an inch of water in a sauce pan.
4. When rounds have cooled completely and chocolate is melted, submerge round in melted chocolate and retrieve with a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to shake of excess chocolate. Place on a cooling rack that is on top of a baking sheet.
5. Before chocolate sets, place a marshmallow half on the wet chocolate and gently press down. Repeat for the rest of the rounds.
6. Transfer baking sheet to fridge for 20 minutes so rounds can completely set. Meanwhile, place remaining melted chocolate in a ziplock or pastry bag with a small snipped corner.
7. Remove rounds from fridge and drizzle with melted chocolate. Return to fridge for another 20 minutes to set again.
Note: Warm grahams will break when submerged in chocolate. A tip would be to place them in the fridge right before you dip.
This week we are doing a giveaway!!
Did you know we sell Gourmet Cookie Mixes? The flavors are Chocolate Confetti, Sunflower Power, and Black-Sesame Ginger.For more info on each you can visit our Etsy store. This week you can win (1) of your choice of our Gourmet Cookie Mixes!
Read on for how to enter…
COOKIE MIX GIVEAWAY
HOW TO ENTER
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post and answer the question:
“What is your favorite Becca Bakes recipe?”
You can receive up to FIVE additional entries to win by doing the following:
1. Become a fan of Becca Bakes on Facebook. Come back and let me know you became a fan or are already a fan in an additional comment on this post.
2. Follow @becca_bakes on Twitter. Come back and let me know you’ve followed or already follow in an additional comment on this post.
3. Follow @becca_bakes on Instagram. Come back and let me know you’ve followed or already follow in an additional comment on this post.
4. Follow Becca Bakes on Pinterest. Come back and let me know you became a fan or are already a fan in an additional comment on this post.
5. Share this giveaway on your facebook page! Come back and let me know you did in an additional comment on this post.
Deadline: Monday, February 25, 2013 at 11:59pm EST.
Winner: The winner will be chosen at random using Random.org and announced on next week’s Tasty Tuesday Post. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Disclaimer: Sorry, no international entries.